Friday 22 March 2013

잘가




잘가 in Korean is an informal version of 'good-bye', it's not as final as good-bye though, it's more of a 'see you later'.

While I move further into my final evening in South Korea I hope that this will be a 'see you later' rather than a 'goodbye'. For me, even though the circumstances of my leaving this country are bittersweet I'd like to think I'm leaving the door open behind me when I leave.

Instead of focusing on the negatives and the reasons behind my leaving I'd rather use my final post written in Korea to remember the sweeter memories and experiences from this past year.

My unforgettable night at the Beach House concert.

The heartfelt guest-post I wrote for Roots and Feathers about South Korea and the universal map.

My beautiful, inspiring kindergarten students.

My countless cozy afternoons spent in Korean coffee shops.

The time I paper bombed my city with free smiles.


So I'll see you later then, Korea...it's been, memorable ^.~





12 comments:

  1. Oooh I would love to go!!

    www.fernandfable.blogspot.com
    www.fernandfable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole! If you are interested in teaching English abroad I would say South Korea is the best place to go ^.^

      Delete
  2. *big hug* I know that feeling so well. Many seasonal jobs. Beautiful, amazing, different, gorgeous places I lived and loved and had to leave in the past. <3 You can ALWAYS go home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this Angie, you're always here with a nice word or an encouragement, I REALLY appreciate it x x x x

      Delete
  3. oh I'd love to go to the South Korea one day, so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like to teach then you can go and live and teach there VERY easily!!

      Delete
  4. Safe trip home, my dear! Get comfy knowing that SK is a better place for having hosted you and your beautiful heart <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so amazingly sweet of you dear Ashley, SO nice to hear from you, it's been a while! I hope everything has worked out well for you back in your home? Seems we've both had to make these same tough decisions in the end...how odd!

      Delete
  5. It's always hard saying goodbye to places you've come to love, but you can always return. Have a safe trip!
    ♥Emma Deer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma Deer (love your rebrand name btw)- and you're right, bridges weren't burned and the door is always open...x

      Delete
  6. also, i'm excited to hear about your trip home. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I arrived in Dublin from Seoul on Saturday after 28 hours of travel and promptly slept for 17 straight hours. Ack!

      Delete