Monday 3 December 2012

take a breath

{{source}}


Tonsillitis for the second time this year has had this lady deer with a big slice of grump on her face.
I overindulged Friday night, layed low in bed all day Saturday and morosely reminisced on Sunday of starting the weekend over and filling it with all the productive things I had planned to tick off my massive Christmas preparation list.

Yesterday morning I woke up with tonsils the size of golf balls and at the realization of this forced slow down I just hit a wall and let it bring out the hidden hood-rat in me. I was ready to crack open some skulls~ just ask poor, poor Dallas :(

Today I've decided is a fresh slate,  I just need to take a big breath, take my meds till I'm better and learn that screaming at my spouse is not a solution to my problems!

I'm allowing myself to think ahead and take solace in the promise of many new and exciting things to come. 
There's gonna be some movin' and shakin' around this blog pretty soon and I am tickled pink to share the changes with you.

I read a lovely quote over the weekend that I think rounds off this update perfectly and I'll certainly be taking a little bit of this advice the next time my bottom lip threatens to pop out today:

"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight"
~Phyllis Diller


Hope you're all smiling today friends
x




   

No comments:

Post a Comment